Terms of References
In the position of “Advocacy Coordinator”
Contract type: Part time (18 hours/week)
End of Contract: 31st December 2019
Place of work: PNGO Gaza city
Background on PNGO:
PNGO is a coordination body for the NGO sector in Palestine with the purpose of strengthening the Palestinian civil society and contributing to the establishment of the Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights through networking, building-up the capacity of NGOs, developing information management centre and mainstreaming of society concerns into public policies, plans and programs. PNGO boasts of 145 national NGOs in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that work across sectors in different developmental fields.
To contribute/assist in PNGO advocacy work through developing fact sheets and high-quality advocacy materials on various developmental and humanitarian issues.
Duties and responsibilities of Part-time advocacy coordinator
- – Develop fact sheets to assist PNGO and Palestinian NGOs in their advocacy and lobbying work on various vital issues.
- – Develop advocacy materials concerns the clusters’ work and humanitarian fund channels so that influence their priorities and agenda.
- Perform any other duties requested by PNGO Director in Gaza.
- – Minimum of B.A. in Social Sciences, Business or any other related field.
- – Demonstrable experience of writing and producing high quality fact sheets and advocacy materials for varied audiences.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- – Excellent research and writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- – Language proficiency (in speaking, reading and writing) in both English and Arabic.
- – Strong conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively and strategically.
- – Commitment to PNGO values.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Online Application
No later than 8th May 2019.
PNGO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all positions.
Only those who are short-listed will be notified.