Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Programme Team at Ramallah GIZ office, we are looking for a
Programme Coordinator (Full-time)
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinates, preparing, conducting and monitoring project activities in the fields of gender and market regulation and carries out other activities required for implementing these components.
- In cooperation with the programme manager, identifies the needs of partner institutions, in particular the Palestinian Ministry of National Economy (MNE).
- Is jointly responsible with the partner institution for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
- Plans interventions of consultants and assists national and international advisers in carrying out their work in gender and market regulation.
- Assists the project in all necessary organisational and management tasks relating to the assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Regularly consults with the GIZ head of programme responsible for the contract and cooperation on all project activities.
- Develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders, in particular with the MNE.
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts as well as towards staff of the MNE.
- Ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between the MNE and related stakeholders from the public and the private sector as well as GIZ through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
- A university degree in management/ economics or a related field (BA, BSc or higher).
- 4 to 5 years professional experience in policy advice towards private sector or economy related ministries as well as private sector institutions in the Palestinian territories (MNE, Chambers of Commerce and Federation of Industries etc.)
- Fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment: Starting August 15, 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than July 28, 2017
Kindly state in the email subject “Programme Coordinator- PSDP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.