The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
Also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Your Job (specific and general activities)
- Handles all cash disbursement of the sub-delegation
- Ensures respect of ICRC financial procedures and guide lines and is able to explain them to other departments.
- Performs various office works such as typing, filing, mail preparation and distribution, photocopies, updates of lists.
- Controls all invoices prior to payment (cash or cheques).
- Performs daily cash control and prepares the funds request between the finance responsible and the cashier’s safe to ensure availability of cash.
- Prepares daily cash report for the finance responsible.
- Assists the finance responsible in establishing complete accounting documents, including invoices.
- Prepares all regular invoice related to the administration department (water, electricity, phone bills, food, etc).
- Ensures proper filling system of cash related documents (cash statements, journals, etc.)
- Prepares bank correspondence.
- Assists the administrator for any secretarial support related to the sub delegation.
- Arrangement of the ICRC internal and external workshops and meetings (meeting room booking, restaurant booking, travel arrangement, etc.) as well as the accommodation of the ICRC visitors.
Your Profile (skills & experience required)
- High school level
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar function
- Good knowledge of spoken English
- Good computer and communication skills
- Honesty and confidentiality.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a résumé, both in English, a personal passport size photo and any relevant diplomas and certificates to the ICRC by hand / E-mail: GAZ_HR_services@icrc.org
ICRC Gaza Sub Delegation, Al-Rimal Shuhada St. 56/706, Gaza, Tel: 08-2822644 / Fax: 08-2828884 Attn. Fabrice EDOUARD, Administrator
Deadline to submit your application: 22 February 2017, 4 pm
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Complete CV’s will be kept within the ICRC archive for one year only
The ICRC strongly encourages individuals with disability who fulfil the basic requirements to apply