Under the overall guidance of the Head of Gaza office and the day to day supervision of Operations and Security focal point and the technical supervision of the Digital Services Analyst, the incumbent provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit and daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is expected to adopt a client-oriented approach and work in close collaboration with the different UNDP/PAPP operation units, program teams and the other UN agencies for resolving complex ICT-related issues.
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the office technology environment.
- Provision of inputs to internal policies and procedures on the use of Digital Services. Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Digital Services will be carried out in consultation with office management.
- Developing and updating the Automation and Digital Services annual plans.
- Provision of support to the users of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) to maintain functionality and improve clients’ services.
- Supervision of the corporate UNDP systems and provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components.
- Development of new software packages for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc.) utilizing SharePoint and or other web-based development software as required. The incumbent is expected to explore and analyze datasets with tools like Power BI, MS Excel or Access.
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access. Ensure that the UNDP desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks in addition to maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Firewall, network clients and electronic mail. In addition, upgrade timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity to meet UNDP requirements.
- Identification of the opportunities and ways of converting business processes into SharePoint web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems). All SharePoint lists, libraries, web parts, workflows, sites/sub-sites will be maintained updated. Activities will include creation of automated solutions/workflows in online Office 365 SharePoint.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups. Activities will include maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids received from suppliers and inspection of equipment in accordance with UNDP Digital Services Policy and Standards.
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of the library of reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
- Management of email accounts of the staff.
- Identifying and developing digital solutions in order to become a paperless organization.
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Digital Services solutions.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Digital Services.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Upgrade and reimage computer hardware and application software as required. (Install and configure desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches)
- Assist in the presentation of display materials and Video Conferencing events.
- Manage users in the Office 365, provide IT Services orientation for Employees (Email, printers, scanners, IP telephone, etc.).
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve internet/Telephone connectivity problems.
- Supervise and process help desk support requests.
Assesses work with critical eye
Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work
Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
Reliably and consistently listens and interprets information and instruction correctly
Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables
- Experienced understanding of TCP/IP.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 and Azure.
- Experience with Meraki Appliances and VPN’s remote implementation.
- Experience with other Office 365-based collaboration tools, Outlook, Yammer, Planner, Teams
- Ability to work with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more).
- Good judgment and ability to improve network security and prepare correspondence on own initiative.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
University degree in computer engineering with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
Detailed information and application instructions can be viewed on the UNDP/PAPP web site from here: https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/640591.