Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS)
Location: Gaza Strip
Project: “Resilience and Economic Growth in Gaza Strip in the Agricultural Sector” 2020-2023
Duration: 36 months
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION:
Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS) is a Palestinian non-governmental organization working in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip. Founded in 1987 , registered with the PA.
RWDS’s mission aims at advancing the rights of rural women by creating empowering and supporting environment for them in their local communities through women’s clubs. RWDS supported the establishment of more than 58 women’s clubs throughout the West Bank and Gaza, reaching out to more than 3000 community members.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MANDATE:
RWDS is currently looking for a project manager to manage and coordinate the implementation of the project “Resilience and Economic Growth in Gaza Strip in the Agricultural Sector” 2020-2023”. The purpose of the project is to improve the quality of life of vulnerable groups through economic activities in Gaza.
The specific objectives:
- To institutionalize the Women Enterprise Platform (WEP) to enhance women production and marketing capacities, and improve labor, economic and cooperative policies and laws.
- To scale up the work of existing women production groups and replicate successful models.
- To increase the practical skills of young university graduates in cooperative marketing, management and finance to build further women production capacities and expand their employment opportunities.
The project is funded by the European Union, managed by the Spanish Cooperation, and implemented by Rural Women’s Development Society .
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate project activities, including administrative and financial aspects, while ensuring strategic planning and systematic coordination of RWDS project activities in the frame of the overall project.
- Manage day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes
- Ensure supervision of the project staff and ensure effective communication and coordination between the field team, RWDS management team and International Cooperative and Development (AECID ).
- Support consultants and other staff members project objectives, mobilization of goods and services needed for the project.
- Maintain effective, professional and regular communication with all stakeholders, including project staff and beneficiaries, and ensure the representation of RWDS partners.
- Comply with RWDS management guidance and policies.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the project work plans and narrative and financial reports to be submitted to International Cooperative and Development (AECID).
- Update the monitoring and evaluation tools, including the systematic gathering of quantitative and qualitative data from the field and the analysis of its content, putting forward an effective results-based management approach.
- Prepare monthly reports on key project activities, issues and required action points, along with progress reports following the schedule as planned in the agreement.
- Update on risks and issues based on the results of the monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Manage the transfer of project deliverables, when applicable, including documents, files, equipment and materials, as per the standard procedure.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a proper electronic and paper filing systems.
- BA in social and development studies, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Agronomy, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in projects/programs management in the area of women’s cooperative work , economic empowerment, community development, or other relevant topics
- Managerial experience in the field of Agricultural value chains, development and cooperation with civil society, international organizations, community-based organizations and donors
- Experience in managing EU projects.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential (written and spoken).
- Experience in using Microsoft software packages, particularly Word and Excel.
If you are interested to apply for this position, please send your CV, along with 3 references, and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 12th, 2020.
Please indicate the position title (Project Manager ) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. This is an equal opportunity position, and qualified women and youth and strongly encouraged to apply.