Doctors without Borders
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire an Orthopedic Surgeon to provide orthopedic surgery to victims of violence requiring minor reconstructive, orthoplastic or osteomyelitis treatment in Gaza.
This position will initially be contracted for three months, renewable based on needs and activities.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following MSF protocols and policies, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper registry entry/documentation of all OT interventions
- Collaborate with other orthopaedic and plastic surgeons within the project during regular multidisciplinary team meetings to decide on best course of treatment for patients with complex injuries (Flap procedures, amputation, referrals etc.)
- Co-ordinate with other MSF sections and local actors (MoH, NGOs, INGOs) to ensure patients receive the best care possible in the most suitable location
- Support the team in identifying patients that meet the referral criteria for MSF reconstructive surgery programme in Amman and ensuring they are entered into the referral process
- Support MSF surgery programme during times of escalation/adaptation of activities and monitoring his/her activity (databases amd adequate information to support strategic medical decision)
- Medical Doctor Degree, Board Certification in Orthopedic surgery : Essential
- Significant experience in lower limb trauma surgery with documented evidence of such experience : Essential; NGO experience desirable
- Excellent English : Essential
- Computer literacy : Essential
- Flexibility, teamwork, excellent organizational skills : Essential
IMPORTANT: This application requires a specific CV format. If you are an eligible applicant, please come to the MSF Office (A Husseini Street, near El Wehda Street, Gaza City). to collect the CV format which you will subsequently have to fill in and submit by the deadline.
Please submit ALL of the following:
- CV in the format provided by MSF, which you have to collect at our office prior to submitting your application
- Cover letter in English and copy of relevant diplomas and work certificates.
Please write “Orthopedic Surgeon” on your e mail application or it will not be considered. CVs will not be returned and incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests.
The deadline for submitting applications is : Wednesday 15 July 2020 at 16:00
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.”