Agricultural Development Association (PARC)
Agricultural Development Association (PARC) is a -35 years old-national developmental Non-governmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams.
PARC Gaza is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
One year fixed-term contract – with possible extension.
Background on the project:
PARC is seeking to hire a full time Project Manager for the EU- funded project that aims to improve the livelihoods of youth and farmers in the Gaza Strip through enhancing their chances to access to market in Gaza. PARC will start implementation of the project: “Improving the livelihoods of youth and farmers in the Gaza Strip through enhancing their chances to access to market”, in partnership with The Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and development (AECID), once the funds approved and allocated, expected July 2020 and plans for implementation completion by 2023.
The initial position is for one year with possible extension for another two years depending on funding.
The Project Manager will be engaged on this project as a full-time employee leading the project team consisting of a Business Development officer, SMEs development expert and will be responsible for carrying out the objectives of the project, ensuring comprehensive, timely, and high-quality outcomes of the assigned project.
- Responsible for accomplishing project goal, objective & outputs required within project parameter, such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
- Developing a detailed implementation plan for the project.
- Supervising the project team and ensuring the timely implementation of activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
- Identifying and managing potential risks, taking corrective actions by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Arranging and participating in field visits, including those requested by AECID and EU, and reporting on these visits.
- Arranging meetings with different stakeholders as required by project plan.
- Liaise regularly with other staff and project partners in monitoring progress towards achievement of desired results.
- Supporting the Project M&E Coordinator in monitoring projects’ progress against performance indicators, ensuring targets and results are achieved at the output and outcome.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Ensuring data quality within the project and analyzing the data to report on the outcome level.
- Preparing and reviewing submissions and reports required by PARC and donors.
- Facilitate community level consultations to ensure effective project interventions to meet stakeholders’ needs.
- Other duties as needed.
- BA with at 7 years’ experience or (preferred) MA with at least five years in Business Development, Economics, Project Management, or other related fields.
- Experience working within the NGO sector in similar positions.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects that support economic empowerment of marginalized groups.
- Experience in the fields of Entrepreneurship education, Green business development and agribusinesses preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in project cycle management and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, and partnership building).
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS/Project, Word and Excel.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic languages including both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to http://www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 27 June 2020 and include the job title (Project Manager) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.