El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah
Field Supervisor (Full time 100%)
Reports To: Project Manager (PM)
Period: 12 months with possible extension
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah (ERSR) is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058. Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of development, education, health, culture, training and rehabilitation in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society , it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society .
El Amal in partnership with Catholic Relief Services “CRS” will start a program entitled “SALALEM: Prosperity and Advancement for Palestinian Women and Youth”, GAC-funded program. Salalem is a gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank through skills training for employment. In the ‘Leadership Institute’ participants will gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks. Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. By improving skills and decreasing barriers, young women and youth with disabilities will improve learning outcomes, better enabling them to enter and remain in the workforce. El Amal is seeking for qualified and experienced Field Supervisor to implement the project key activities.
S/he will be reporting directly to the PM and work on all program activities.
- Responsible for the supervision, follow-up and monitoring of program activities in the field as assigned by the PM.
- Introduce and represent the project in the target communities by establishing strong community links.
- Coordinate the daily progress of the program activities and provide regular on-site supervision of activities implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to the beneficiaries.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and undertake monitoring activities.
- Contribute to the development of program work plans.
- Contribute to the identification of potential difficulties and determining means of lessening or avoiding them.
- Documenting all program phases.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in international development, English, business administration, economics, sociology, or related field.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of development, preferably with similar projects. Significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, livelihoods projects required.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to: email@example.com
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Field Monitor
Deadline for submitting applications 14/05/2020,
no later than 02:00 p.m.
El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek ERS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.