The Palestinian Non-Governmental Organisations Network (PNGO)
Policy Coordinator in its Gaza Office
PNGO is seeking to hire a highly qualified Policy Coordinator in its Gaza Office.
Contract type: Full time employment for 10 months with possible renewal
Duty Station: PNGO Gaza city
Reports to: Director of PNGO
Job Title: Policy Coordinator (Gaza Strip)
Background on PNGO:
PNGO is a coordination body for the NGO sector in Palestine with the purpose of strengthening the Palestinian civil society and contributing to the establishment of the Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights through networking, building-up the capacity of NGOs, developing information management center and mainstreaming of society concerns into public policies, plans and programs. PNGO has 145 national member NGOs in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that work across sectors in different developmental and humanitarian fields.
To focus on policy issues relating to Gaza Strip especially the humanitarian matters and work closely with Policy and Advocacy Advisers in the West Bank and Gaza in order to address PNGO sectorial issues within the national and international arena and other working groups in Gaza. In addition, to drafting policies and strategies with members in Gaza Strip representing wider issues to encourage international actors to incorporate Civil Society Organisations’ (CSOs) priorities into the different policies and agendas.
- To work in conjunction with the all NGO’s in listing the key issues for the Gaza Strip sectors that need to be advocated for on an international level & local level
- Assisting PNGO sector working groups in Gaza in the national sectorial level
- Organize activities and workshops and meetings relating to policies
- Follow up with the PNGO Advisors in the West Bank and Gaza relating to what messages need to be conveyed in the national and International level.
- In collaboration with the Policy Advisor of PNGO both in the West Bank and in Gaza, update the advocacy strategy of PNGO to reflect future activities
- Participate in and organise meetings/conferences within political and government circles
- Through membership of international clusters, help to influence external agenda to reflect the developmental needs of Palestine
- Deliver regular analysis and updates for management
Minimum Qualification and Competencies:
- A. in Social / Political Sciences, Business or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in NGOS/INGOS within fields of communication and advocacy
- Demonstrable experience of
- Writing and producing high quality fact sheets, advocacy and policy materials for varied audiences.
- Lobbying within political and government sectors.
- Writing and production of high-quality policy materials for varied audiences
- Media work and the use of new media in advocacy.
- Conducting national and international advocacy campaigns
- Excellent communications (written & oral English), writing and presentation skills, Arabic would be a desired skill.
- The ability to communicate complex messages in an accessible manner for varied audiences.
- High level of interpersonal, influencing, networking, negotiating and diplomatic skills for engagement with a wide variety of contacts.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively and strategically.
- Time management and prioritising skills with abilities to work both independently and within teams to deliver on objectives.
- Commitment to PNGO’s values and ethos.
- Flexible in working hours – ability to work evening and weekends when required.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can upload their CVs and apply online through the Online Application no later than midnight 1nd Mars 2020.
PNGO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all positions.
Only those who are short-listed will be notified.