Palestinian Non-Governmental Organisations Network (PNGO)
PNGO is seeking to hire a qualified Procurement Officer in its Gaza Office.
Contract type: Part time employment for 10 months with possible renewal
Duty Station: PNGO Gaza city
Reports to: Director of PNGO
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Background on PNGO:
PNGO is a coordination body for the NGO sector in Palestine with the purpose of strengthening the Palestinian civil society and contributing to the establishment of the Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights through networking, building-up the capacity of NGOs, developing information management center and mainstreaming of society concerns into public policies, plans and programs. PNGO has 145 national member NGOs in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that work across sectors in different developmental and humanitarian fields.
Summary: The Procurement Officer (PO) in Gaza will ensure that goods and services required for PNGO operations in Gaza are supplied in a timely manner, of good quality, and for the best overall cost. All procurement transactions are to be conducted in a manner to provide best value and within established bidding policies that are in compliance with international standards and proper internal control procedures. PNGO internal policies and procedures are to be followed. The PO is also responsible for maintaining all procurement documentation and related communication.
- Support and accomplish the procurement process of the required goods and services for PNGO in Gaza within the established policies and procedures.
- Prepare, Update and Maintain the different procurement reports and control tracking tools.
- Prepare payments for processing and approve and send to finance, and prepare monthly cash flow report and monthly reconciliation between financial report and submitted payments to Finance.
- Prepare purchase contracts or Purchase Orders and coordinate with supplier during the delivery of the goods and services.
- Arrange tender and other procurement meetings and take minutes, filing and archiving of all procurement documents.
- Manage and update the price catalogue with new purchase prices and/or suppliers or at least every two months and liaise with all supplier requests and maintain the supplier and vendors database.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers and update the vendors database.
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Other related tasks
Minimum Qualification and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, related field or other related fields.
- 3- 4 years prior experience focused on procurement and contracts management preferably within the non-for-profit and NGO sector
- Computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Knowledge of the national tax systems (VAT and duty regulations)
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can upload their CVs and apply online through the Online Application no later than midnight 25th February 2020.
PNGO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all positions.
Only those who are short-listed will be notified.