MA’AN DEVELOPMENT CENTER
ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION OFFICER
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training organization established in January 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. MA’AN’s work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Through this project, MA’AN Development is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill in the position of ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION OFFICER (Full Time) in its office in Gaza Strip. The aim of this position is to support MA’AN advocacy and communications activities in and regarding the Gaza Strip.
- Support the formulation and implementation of MA’AN communications and advocacy strategies
- Organization of publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities. Provision of logistics support to the events.
- Facilitate the development of joint advocacy strategies with partners
- Develop strategic partnerships with key actors to achieve MA’AN policy goals;
- Support the formulation and implementation of the project publications policy; provides inputs, content development, coordination of production and dissemination of press releases, publications, articles and sharing of project knowledge and successes.
- Coordinate production of a diverse range of information products including audio/visual communications, when needed to achieve specific policy goals;
- Ensure timely development of position papers, policy briefings, presentations and other advocacy materials and communication media;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- Liaise with media outlets to ensure that the appropriate information and messages are reaching the public, including preparing press releases.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase and improve public outreach
- Provide logistical and other support to visits by parliamentary, delegations and others.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field.
- Minimum of-five years of progressively responsible experience in advocacy and campaigning, especially within development organizations.
- Knowledge of different aspects of public information and communication.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement major information campaigns.
- Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships.
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communications products in a clear, concise style.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating work.
- Manages conflict.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Knowledge of International Law and Human Rights issues
- Photography skills
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Sunday 8th September 2019.