Youth vision Society (YVS)
Youth vision Society (YVS) is an independent Palestinian Youth Organization, established in 2009, registered at Ministry of Interior as a non-profit organization. YVS works in the field of youth empowerment, culture, arts, human rights, social improvement and civic participation. Youth, community leaders, women and representative of syndicates and unions have been targeted for different programs. YVS adopts participatory rapid approach in decision making. YVS conducts regular public consultation and participation meetings trying to set priorities in order to respond precisely to the needs of the community.
The Projects coordinator reports directly to the Program Manager (PM) and is responsible for the effective administration of the projects and reporting on the outcome to internal and external contacts as required.
Job Responsibility #1: Project administration (45% of Time):
• Contributes to the formulation of the project strategic plans feeding into the overall country strategic plan.
• Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities from existing operational plan.
• Guides Field Facilitators -if needed- on executing the activities in each project location.
• Ensures that activities are compliant with YVS methodology and standards.
• Develops and strengthens understanding of the project management cycle with project staff and partners.
• Compiles reports received from the Field Facilitators and submits monthly activity reports to PM.
• Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures.
• Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections.
• Procures project equipment (in coordination with Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable), within authorization levels set in the In-Field Authorization Levels policy.
• Coordinates facility upgrades based on the needs of the project site.
• Arranges for storage and delivery of activity’s equipment to targeted groups.
• Coordinates with other NGOs/CBOs to ensure participation in partner events.
• Monitors security situation in project location and reports to the PM.
Job Responsibility #2: Team Management (20% of Time):
• Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
• Ensures staff understands and complies with policies of YVS.
• Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders.
• Oversees activities conducted by project’s staff and observe performance for certification.
• Follows existing systems to reasonably safeguard the overall health, welfare and security of the project staff.
Job Responsibility #3: Networking, representation and partnership building (15%):
• Shares activity plans with local NGOs, CBOs (community-based organizations) and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and other Ministries and partners.
• Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements with local representation of Government, UN Agencies and partner organizations.
• Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance YVS visibility and project activities.
• Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents YVS in various platforms.
• Conducts an assessment survey to determine the NGOs that YVS could partner with and initiates partnerships.
Job Responsibility #4: Monitoring and reporting (15%):
• Oversee the activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
• works with groups directors and facilitators to develop their understanding of YVS’s monitoring and evaluation system.
• Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to YVS monitoring tools
• Submits regularly reports to PM/PO and occasionally external stakeholders including Ministries, partners and donors.
• Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the PM.
Job Responsibility #5: Perform Other Duties (5% of Time):
EDUCATION, Experience and Conditions:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, social sciences, engineering or other related discipline.
• 3 years’ experience in project administration or community work including managing direct reports.
• The applicant should be from Gaza City and his age shouldn’t exceed 30 years.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational and delegation skills
• Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
• Strong development and team building skills
• Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
• Understand project management cycle
• Effective report writing and analytical skills
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
• Knowledge in youth and/or adult education
• Experience in developing and managing budgets and fundraising.
• Experience in proposals writing
Employment Start Date: August 2019
Contract Duration: One year to be renewed
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including their expectations for the salary, the names and contact details for three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission Must be delivered before Saturday 13th July 2019.