Alnayzak Organization for Supportive Education & Scientific Innovation
Gaza Office (GS/1/2019)
Al Nayzak for Supportive Education and Scientific Innovation in partnership with UNDP/PAPP is working on the implementation of the Leadership Development Component of Al Fakhoora Dynamic Futures Programme.
Al Nayzak is Palestinian non-profit, non- partisan, Jerusalemite and unique initiative that looks for young talents in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and plants an ambitious vision in the hearts of our community: “To develop, root, and reinforce a new culture that embraces science, and to announce this culture among Palestinian youth so that their competence in productive applied sciences could provide them with better economic opportunities that would lead to their future prosperity.”
Al Nayzak’s approach is to make scientific-thinking skills become an inherent part of the lives of Palestinian people. In order to do this, it applies empirical tools to help individuals acquire thinking skills and relate them to genuine savoir-faire and technology. In this way they become capable of facing challenges in their journey to achieve excellence and helping develop their environment and build a modern Palestinian society.
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) is the leading development agency working together with the Palestinian people to fulfill their vision of a peaceful, sustainable, and equitable society by promoting democratic governance, human development, human security, and livelihoods. UNDP/PAPP has been entrusted with generous donation from “Education Above All” – Al Fakhoora to support underserved youth in the Gaza Strip.
Al Fakhoora Dynamic Futures programme aims at building a cadre of educated and trained leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled to become community, business, and national leaders of the future. For this purpose, the Leadership Development Programme is considered as one of the main pillars that distinguishes the programme from other scholarships. Currently, AlFakhoora Dynamic Futures Programme plans to continue delivering leadership development opportunities for its 630 scholars who are from different backgrounds, study specialties, gender, and level of study.
The project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating “Leadership Development Component” as a part of Al Fakhoora Dynamic Futures programme.
- Responsible for planning and development of leadership activities in cooperation with relevant project stakeholders.
- Supervise the implementation process of project activities.
- Monitor and Control project implementation and ensure all activities are completed according to the plan.
- Maintain the project quality standards in a manner that is consistent with the programme key performance indicators, and organization’s guiding principles, mission, and vision.
- Liaising with project staff, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure better management and effective implementation of the project activities.
- Assist in developing the content of the programs’ curriculum’s and activities and enriching it continuously. – Keep track records of all project documents and documenting all project stages through reporting, case studies and success stories.
- Regular monitoring and follow up on the project activities.
- Submit the required reports and other requirements in line with the approved deadlines and formats.
- Effective follow up and quality assurance of the procurement activities.
- Prepare Terms of Reference “TOR” for the procurement activities.
- Develop budget breakdown of the activities and control budget expenses.
- Perform any other related tasks required to achieve the project objectives.
Requirements Education and qualifications
Master’s Degree in leadership and empowerment, project management, Business Administration, or any related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in coordinating human development and leadership programmes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in planning, managing and controlling of youth capacity building programmes, or any other youth related programmes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with NGOs/INGOs and donors is required and strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Practical and theoretical experience in monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
- Scientific knowledge in STEM is a plus.
Proficiency in both written and spoken English (minimum level C1).
Essential skills and attributes
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines, and multi- tasked teams.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English
- Excellent networking skills and ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and think laterally and creatively.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office and project management tools.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate to a proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively.
- Strong Knowledge of financial procedures and liquidation processes and documentation.
- Be well organized and has a high degree of attention to details.
Professionals who possess the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply online through Apply Now before (06/03/2019 ), indicating the vacancy number and position.