Women Affair center
Project Coordinator – ICT
WAC Women Affair center is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization,
GENERAL position summary :-
Women Affair center with support from Dan Church Aid (DCA) is implementing project to respond to the high unemployment and poverty rates among a large segment of marginalized young women graduates who challenged their community culture and norms and studied ICT as non-traditional and male dominated university disciplines. the project contributes to women’s economic empowerment and gender equality.
WAC focuses on this innovative project because it creates new job opportunities for young female (start-ups) for unemployed young women graduates who faced the challenge to access non-traditional sector (ICT) as male-dominated career and providing trainings on life skills, leadership, and ICT technical skills, as well as action planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide overall support to youth development programs in Gaza.
- Help select participants for youth organized trainings.
- Contribute developing work plans and support ongoing activities
- Works cooperatively with Donor staff, Privet ICT Companies , partner NGOs, and other parties.
- Assist in the design and organization of a large range of trainings.
- Generating verbal and written translations of pertinent project documentation as needed/required.
- Attend weekly meeting organized by youth and Academia ICT groups.
- Take active part in training sessions and provide weekly evaluation of conducted training.
- Coordinate information sharing between youth groups and other organization crucial to success of youth group.
- Assist weekly upload of video/photo essays on the WAC site.
- Monitor WAC Hub and ensure that all activities conducted there are done in accordance with Donor rules and regulation and utilized accordingly and appropriately.
- Visit trained youth members on regular basis (at least once a week) to monitor their progress and appropriate implementation of the activities.
- Provide coaching to youth members in increasing the membership and reaching out to youth.
- Regularly conducts field visits to the project sites to monitor ongoing work.
- Generates verbal and written translations of pertinent project documentation as needed/required.
- Participates in relevant (external and internal) project evaluations and/or needs assessments.
- Leads in planning baseline as well as end line data collection in line with the established evaluation strategy.
- Regularly reports on project implementation/ progress.
- Ensure that accurate and up-to date programmatic documentation is maintained.
- In cooperation with the Designing & monitoring evaluation department, ensure that relevant evaluation strategies are implemented in a timely and high quality manner, and that all outcomes of activities are met.
- Issue regular reports on project implementation/ progress to the Senior Program Officer, and prepare draft reports and other project documentation required by donors.
- Other tasks as appointed by the Senior Program Officer.
Requirements Education and qualifications:
- University degree in ICT or relevant field preferred
- At least three years’ experience working with youth, preferably in youth ICT work programs and ICT privet companies .
- Proven skills in strategic planning, assessment, training organization, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills and ability to multi-task and support and/or fill multiple positions at one time.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with the team members.
- Understanding of the social, political, and economic context of Palestinian territories, especially in the Gaza Strip.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality;
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving;
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative and be accountable for results;
- Ability to remain focused on details;
- Excellent time and organizational management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks;
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a one page cover letter and their CV by e-mail to: email@example.com
And fill the application on this link: Online Application
no later than 28, Feb , 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate in the email subject; Program Coordinator – ICT.
No application will be accepted if the email subject is not mentioned in the email subject line.