Palestinian NGOs Network (PNGO)
Project Coordinator – Gaza
Background on PNGO:
PNGO is a coordination body for the NGO sector in Palestine with the purpose of strengthening the Palestinian civil society and contributing to the establishment of the Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice, rule of law, tolerance, and respect of human rights.PNGO announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza.
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Reporting To: PNGO Director
Contract Type: Full time
The Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network (PNGO) in Gaza Strip is looking to hire a Project Coordinator for its project: “Enhance Civil Society Capacity to Work for Democratic Independence in Palestine”. This project seeks to enhance the role played by NGOs through contributing to the development and empowerment of civil society within an independent democratic Palestinian state based on the principles of democracy, social justice and respect of human rights. This project will be implemented by The Palestinian Non-Governmental organizations (PNGO) in partnership with Norwegian people’s Aid NPA.
The successful candidate for this position will be contracted for 12 months, He/she will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure all activities are implemented accordance to project action plan.
- Produce progress, monthly reports, and any update on each activity, achievements, and constraints faced, and produce final reports.
- Monitor project outcomes and to ensure all activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate with the different project staff, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure better management and effective implementation of the project plan.
- Maintain the project excellence and quality standards in a manner that is consistent with the organization’s guiding principles, mission, and vision.
- Organize all related logistical arrangements for the planned activities with partners.
- Offer financial monitoring to ensure the compliance with the approved financial procedures.
- Conduct field visits/assessments to ensure that the project plan is implemented in the proper manner and achieves the desired outcomes.
- Submit the required reports and other requirements in line with the approved deadlines and formats.
- Compile, maintain, and document the projects related reports, daily work records, and other relevant documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, or any other related fields. Master degree is preferable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management and budgets monitoring.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the most effective use of staff, facilities, and resources to achieve successful project objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently, and cope with stress.
- Good knowledge of word processing and basic programs such as excel, power point and web browsing.
How to apply:
All applicants are requested to fill the following : online google form and upload their resume
The deadline for sending job applications is Tuseday 8th of January 2019 at 2:00 PM.
PNGO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all positions
Only those who are short-listed will be notified.