Israeli forces continue systematic crimes in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
(31 May – 06 June 2018)
- Israeli forces continued to use force against Palestinian peaceful protestors.
- Two Palestinian civilians, including a female volunteer paramedic; and a third one succumbed to his wounds in the Gaza Strip.
- 126 Palestinian civilians, including 15 children, a woman, 2 journalists, and 6 paramedics were wounded in the Gaza Strip.
- Two Palestinian civilians were killed, and 10 others were wounded in separate incidents in the West Bank.
- Israeli warplanes carried out airstrikes against military sites belonging to the Palestinian armed groups in the Gaza Strip.
- The Israeli warplanes launched 11 missiles, and many fishing boats sustained damage in the northern Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces continued to open fire at the border areas in the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces conducted 82 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one in the central Gaza Strip
- 70 civilians, including 5 children and a woman, were arrested in the West Bank.
- 15 of them were arrested in Jerusalem.
- Among those arrested was Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC) Member Dr. Ibrahim Abu Salem.
- A Paelstinian was arrested while attempting to infiltrate Israel from the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces continued their settlement activities in the West Bank
- Israeli settlers attacked an elderly farmer in ‘Orif village, south of Nablus.
- 7 shooting incidents were reported against the fishing boats in the Gaza Sea, but no casualties were reported.
- Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 11th consecutive year.
- Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
- 10 Palestinian civilians, including a woman, were arrested at the military checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (31 May – 06 June 2018).
For More Details: you can visit PCHR website here..